REPUBLIC OF KENYA
IN THE MATTER OF OATH AND STATUTORY DECLARATION ACT
(CAP 15 LAWS OF KENYA)
I; MR X of care of P.O. Box Number xxx-xxxx, of Nairobi do solemnly swear and state as follows:-
1.THAT I am an adult male of sound mind hence capacitated and competent to swear this affidavit.
2. That I am a Kenyan citizen and holder of National Identity Card No.xxxxxx
(Attached hereto is the copy of my National Identity Card.)
3. THAT I was born in Nairobi, Kenya and I was issued with a birth certificate dated 1st xxxx, 19xx.
(Attached hereto is the copy of my embassy issued temporary birth certificate)
4. THAT I noticed that the Department might have engaged a spelling error in spelling my name as “Y” instead of its rightful correct spelling “X” on my national identity card.
5.THAT my passport denotes the correct spelling of my name, that is “MR.X”. (Attached hereto is the copy of my issued Kenyan National Passport)
6. THAT I now wish to apply for an ID renewal, let the said factors be taken into due consideration for the name and be reflected correctly as per my current National Identity Card that harbours the spelling mistake, due to the said factors it is prudent that I am issued with a new ID that reflects the correct spellings.
7. THAT the facts herein disposed to are known to me of my own personal knowledge information and belief in accordance with oaths & Statutory Declarations Act Cap 15 Laws of Kenya.
SWORN by the said
Mr X ……………………………
This …… ……. day ………………….. 2021 DEPONENT
COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS
A law firm name is normally placed here
Disclaimer: This document is not to be taken as legal advise.
Would you like to sponsor this article?
Would you like to have a lawyer assist you?